USF Health is dedicated to providing you with the best quality medical care available.
Because your health is our highest priority, we're always working to transform and improve the practice of medicine. We are adopting new technology that allows us to serve you better and faster.
Release of Information: (813) 974-9818, Fax: (813) 974-4280
You Can Now Request Your Health Records Two Ways
- USF Health has added a
new feature where you can directly request a copy of your USF Health
medical records by clicking here.
- Request a copy of medical records by using our forms. Please
print the Release of Information form. Once completed and signed please fax to
813-974-4280. You should receive your records within 10-15 working days.
Your Electronic Health Record
The Electronic Health Record, or EHR, is the system used by our physicians, nurses and other staff to improve access to your medical history and list of medications. The EHR replaces the paper or hard copy medical chart with computerized records, adding many new capabilities to improve the care you receive, including electronic prescribing and remote access to your medical information. Now your physician can view your secure records anytime, anywhere to safely provide after-hours or emergency care.
Additionally, our physicians will be able to prescribe medications and send prescriptions to the pharmacy of your choice. Electronic prescribing is so fast and safe, that the Institute of Medicine recently recommended all physicians use it in place of handwritten prescriptions.
USF Health's Electronic Health Record offers many other advantages over paper-based records
- Less time filling out paperwork
- Greater convenience with a printed copy of your physician's "clinical note" to take home for reference
- Medications are ready before you arrive at the pharmacy
- Safer after-hours and emergency care with round-the-clock, electronic access to your secure medical records
- Easier referrals to specialists with an e-mailed or printed copy of your medical record
- More space in our offices for us to serve you better as bulky paper charts are transferred into the computer
- Enhanced security via the very latest in HIPAA-compliant technology to ensure the safety and privacy of your personal health information
USF Health Making Life Better